In this article, we will be articulating the significance of a decent conclusion section, what you should include and what to exclude, how to structure it, and what to avoid while writing. Along with this, you will get an extended section where we will provide a few tips on how to enhance your research paper conclusion.
Research Paper Conclusion
The conclusion is where you wrap up your notions and help your accessing committee understand why the presented work is substantial. A conclusion holds a different perspective from the summary of your study; it is a combination of the significant points of your academic papers.
A sturdy conclusion generally synthesis and emphasizes your opinions, hypothesis, findings, arguments, etc. The size of a conclusion depends on the depth of your research work; some research conclusion includes a single paragraph, while some involve more than a single paragraph.
Purpose of a Conclusion
The conclusion is essential for drafting a persuasive academic paper. A research conclusion intends to remind you about your paper’s central idea and significance. It is vital to explain the forte of your arguments. A conclusion briefly explains the “so what?” questions by showcasing your findings within the required context of previous works about your matter. A remarkable research conclusion helps to establish a concise framework for your research paper. It helps to focus on the crucial aspects and evidence of your research. A competently drafted research paper conclusion guides you to demonstrate your research paper understanding. An introduction highlights the first impression of your research work, whereas a concrete conclusion permits you to leave a lasting impression of your research and findings.
Also, Read – Ideas for Your Science Research Topics
Research Paper Conclusion Types
The type of conclusion depends on the structure of your research paper. Every research paper consists of its approach based on the writing styles. It’s either you or your professor who determines the ideal structure according to the paper’s requirements.
For a general idea, you can also contact us for research paper help. We can provide you with variable research paper conclusion examples or samples. It would help you to gain a better understanding of writing a conclusion for a research paper. The experts will deliver you honest guidelines for drafting an impressive research paper. Although for now, let us understand the types of conclusions based on the research paper types:
An analytical research paper explores a notion by studying its constituent elements. An impressive conclusion of your analytical research paper would attract and radiate additional light on proving the central point. It paraphrases your thesis statement and summarizes the central idea of your research paper. The analytical research paper includes and highlights the context in a broader approach. It implies that you can sum up more significance of your research.
For writing the conclusion of an argumentative paper, highlight the strong arguments and hypothesis in your work, do not add extravagant details, and try to keep it short but informative. Paraphrase your thesis statement; it will highlight your arguments and opinion on the subject matter. It wouldn’t be hard to analyze if you have generated a strong thesis statement for your subject.
The conclusion of a comparative research paper involves variable analytical skills. It showcases the central aspects by reaffirming the similarities and differences. You get a chance to look through the facts and emphasize the grounds of why the comparison is significant and how it benefits. Moreover, this is the last source of your research paper; it needs to be influential and trustworthy. Hence, utilize paraphrased thesis statements and succinct language to conclude your research paper.
Essential Fundamental of Research Paper Conclusion
Your Last Opinion on the Issues You Have Raised
A conclusion is the final impression of your research findings. For an influential last footmark, you can showcase the key results of your research work. Highlight the key aspects and the unexpected outcomes you encountered during your research.
Summarize Your Ideas and Opinion
The conclusion is an ideal chance to reply concisely to your supervisor’s questions and doubts after they have finished reading: “So what?”. Summarize your thoughts and approaches regarding your research. Highlight its significance to your subject field. In the main body, it is not always possible to talk about your arguments and opinion regarding your study; use the conclusion section for that approach. Utilize it to outline the influence and the significance of your findings.
If you have chosen an intriguing topic, there are possibilities for further discussing your research issues. Explain how this issue can be considered and solved depending upon the conclusion of your research findings. Highlight the previous research and specify how it can be developed in the future.
Progressive Guide for Drafting a Brilliant Conclusion
Now you have understood the cruciality of a conclusion, let us dive into a detailed step-by-step guide for framing an impressive conclusion of a research paper.Follow these guidelines to write an excellent research paper conclusion. Simple and precise language would help you to craft the understated drama.
Step 1:-Reminiscence the Topic
The initial step is to draft the conclusion to restate your research findings. It must be as coherent and precise as possible. A single sentence is enough to reiterate your research’s information and importance. Draft a sentence that is parallel and comprehensive. It would help you to formulate a balance that would feel right after a complex situation. This section of your conclusion must be concise and clear.
Step 2:-Restate Your Research Statement
The next step is to paraphrase your research statement. Restate your research statement by revising the original statement. This section can be summed up into one single sentence.
Step 3:-Sum Up the Key Points of Your Research
It’s time to conclude the main arguments finally. It is feasible to reread and outline the relevant ideas and evidence. You shouldn’t omit that this section is supposed to summarize your research, do not inject new information. Thus, target the central ideas you present in the main body of your research. The purpose of summarizing the central idea is to gain your professors’ attention on the importance of your topic.
Step 4:-Interlink the Significance of the Key Points
After conferring the central ideas of your research theories, you can drop the significance of your theories and argument. Conclude your research by interlinking the last and the first paragraphs. However, if you have already discussed it elsewhere, there’s no need to dig deeper into the details in your conclusion. Short and precise sentences would do the job here. You can also include a broader aspect of how your findings affect a specific field. For any confusion, you might want to follow the approach of “so what” questions in your study.
Step 5:-Draw a Conclusion of Your Thoughts on the Issue
It must provide a conclusion of your entire research. Make sure you have properly organized your conclusion. You can also offer any suggestions for future studies. Here you can add and comment on the unanswered questions in the main paragraphs of your research paper.
Bonus Pointers to Ensure a Strong Conclusion for the Research Paper:
Finished drafting your conclusion? Wait! You might want to secure your research paper by examining these common strategies for writing an effective conclusion:
- Use the final “so what” strategy: Part of generating a powerful conclusion relies upon answering the “so what” question. If you are stuck and don’t know where your conclusion is heading, Play this game with a friend. Invite friends to read your conclusion. Whenever they read the statement, ask them to question, “So what?” examine those questions and answer them. This “so what” strategy elaborates the significance of your research. You will be able to understand a second person’s perspective, and you will be able to draft a few more implications of your theories that must have slipped off from your mind. It assists your readers in gaining a better understanding of your context’s significance and how it can imply a broader and larger aspect.
- Synthesize, but don’t summarize: well, the conclusion should highlight a summary of your research paper, but avoid repeating things you have already mentioned in your research paper. Instead, try interlinking with the introductory paragraph by presenting how your parallel concepts and image support your findings.
- Echoing your introductory section: This section of drafting a conclusion brings your audience full circle by referring to the repeated elements in your introduction section. For instance, if you begin to retell a scenario, you can end with that equivalent section as evidence that your work is significant in drafting an innovative understanding. You can also refer to the introduction by reinforcing your arguments and theories into it.
- Redirecting your readers: Conclusion plays a significant role in accumulating your audience back to the real world after welcoming them to your research world through your introductory part. It submerges them into your literature review, research methodologies, arguments, and results. Redirecting the audience implies challenging them to gather and practically apply the information. These can also be helpful by proposing a further study on the existing problems.
- Point to the comprehensive indications: let us elaborate on this point with an example. Consider you are drafting a literature honours research review; a paper referring to William Wordsworth could indicate the life and works of William Wordsworth. Along with this, you can also imply his influence on other writers or poets.
What to Avoid While Drafting Your Conclusion?
Before submitting the final draft of your research paper, ensure that you have checked for these common errors and mistakes:
- Blunt conclusion: Your research work is supposed to imply new research and findings about a finished study, not just an individual section. Thus, make sure you have expressed your views and points extensively.
- Short length: Some students procrastinate the whole writing process, and when it comes to the deadline, they write a short research paper, especially the conclusion section. They tend to draft the conclusion section in one or two short sentences, which is wrong. A brief conclusion will not push your ideas forward. Closing sentences tend to revisit the research’s thesis crudely. Your professors understand that people write this conclusion when they can’t develop anything innovative and unique. Thus, completely avoid doing this. Draft a reasonable conclusion with at least one or two comprehensive paragraphs.
- Plagiarized content: Do not copy your introductory part; Even if it concludes with the same information, they should not be identical. Use different approaches to conclude your conclusion. You can interlink the introduction but do not write the same content as in your introduction.
- Neglecting your objectives: Whenever you write a conclusion, always remember your goals &objectives. Analyze carefully how you want to construct the statements regarding your central issues in your abstract or the introduction part. If you feel like losing from your track, try considering going back through your entire research and analyzing your whole story.
- Irrelevant information: Lastly, a research paper is supposed to be structured and focused. Do not conclude your research with inappropriate or unnecessary data.
- Do not highlight new findings in your conclusion: A conclusion is supposed to wind up your research paper. Thus, include your innovations and results in your research paper only.
The research paper differs in content and objective. It is an essential component of your academic year and comes with multiple hurdles. One of them is drafting a conclusion. Writing a sturdy conclusion for a research paper or research proposal can be complex and demanding, but it carries huge significance in your research paper. We hope this article has helped you with your writing journey. You can contact us for any query regarding drafting a research conclusion or any other academic paper writing help.