Research is the most significant aspect of academic learning. Through research, students can find the right solutions to their academic problems. Also, it offers tremendous knowledge of the particular topic. Thorough research can reveal the facts behind a specific edict or rule.
In brief, research is a systematic approach to discovering new learning in order to find the answers. Through thoughtful research, scholars establish facts and draw new conclusions. It increases one’s stock of knowledge. The predominant purpose of research is to prepare documentation, interpretation, and research and development (R&D).
Whenever you need to examine the validity of a hypothesis, conduct research. It also allows you to generate questions for further investigation. Therefore, if you get an opportunity to perform research, put your 100% effort into it. Make it a countable task for your learning. Importantly, impress your professors with your higher level of knowledge through research.
What Is A Research Statement?
A research statement is a kind of document offering a summary of your previous research and the current condition. A statement also offers information about the future potential of the research to draw wider conclusions.
It is also one of the most basic elements of academic job applications. Whether you are eager to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship, graduate programs, or lectureship positions. Through your research statement, you can project your interest and past experience.
A research statement should include:
- It completes the essentials for laboratory equipment and other knowledge resources.
- It shares the funding history and potential.
- The statement should reflect the contribution of research to your study field.
- It also offers future direction and potential for your research.
Learn Important Steps to Write a Research Statement
Writing a research statement demands a pensive approach. It also requires students’ attentive minds, research skills, and writing attributes. While writing your statement, you need to draw a clear picture in your mind. Depicting the picture in your mind will let you focus on the significant aspects of research work.
Clicking the right thoughts in your mind may not be possible every time. So, keep your options open. For that reason, you can opt for paper help. It allows you to develop a relationship with professional writers. Their experience and interpretation of various facts will clear your doubts to compose a powerful statement. Moreover, we can build understanding by following 3 step-approach to writing the statement:
3 Step-Approach To Write Research Statement
Make Feasible Plans
Without proper planning, you cannot imagine the outcomes of any project. Whether it is about education or professional activities, plans must be part of your strategies. So, make sure to create a feasible plan for accomplishing your research on time. For that, you could keep the following key points in your mind:
- Penetrate your mind about what questions you must raise in your research.
- Articulate topics in your research statement to answer the questions.
- Reflect on your understanding of why research is important. Provide proper information to your readers so they can interpret your arguments correctly.
- The statement should offer interesting areas for your future research. Explain what you are going to discuss further.
- Write the problems or challenges you have addressed through your research.
Create an Outline and Start Writing
Get everything on the right track by creating the outline of your statement. You need to create a rough picture in your mind of what you are going to discuss in it. It will advance your research skills. Moreover, you will not leave anything important if you have prepared the outline of the statement
Make sure to include a summary of your research in the first section. Cover research objectives, central focus, and plans for future research in 1 to 2 paragraphs. Keep these paragraphs as the starting point of your statement.
In the second section, compose 1 to 2 paragraphs to describe specific research that you have done during graduation. You can also include your dissertation. Here, you can include the importance of your research and the challenges you overcame.
You need to focus on writing the third section if you are applying to any position. Give a glimpse of your research as a professional researcher.
In this section, you should write about the interests of your future research. It must include what questions or topics you will pursue in the future. Also, acknowledge others’ research to justify your efforts while performing the intensive research.
Discuss sources of funding for your research. It will show your worth and advantages if someone hires you.
Format the Research and Edit (As Needed)
Have you focused on the language of your statement? You must use a formal tone in the entire statement. That is because people will hire after analyzing the research statement. So, pay utmost attention to the language.
Some other focusing points are:
- Try to avoid excessive technical jargon while writing your statement.
- Make sure to use the present tense unless you have discussed the past work.
- A statement is not so long so use single spacing. Also, use 11 or 12-point font.
- Create proper headings to maintain a flow throughout your statement.
- Ensure to proofread your statement before making the final submission.
Research Paper Statement Example
Before writing, check out enough research statement examples. It helps to understand the format and the way of presenting information in the statement. Examples give insights on how to keep data and one’s perspectives in the right format.
Go through the website to get more ideas on writing the statement. Moreover, you can access our research proposal writing service. Writers from different fields will handle your research concerns. They ease your process of writing statements with utmost knowledge and precision.
Expert Tips on Writing A Research Statement
To get more insights on your writing of the statement, follow the experts’ tips. It will give you ideas on how to compose your research without going out of the flow.
- Keep your statement within 1 to 3 pages as per your research exposure with a proper description of research objectives. Ensure to discuss your short-term and long-term research objectives.
- Instead of focusing on yourself, offer complete attention to your ideas in the statement.
- While discussing the long-term research purpose, pay attention to scholarly interest. Cover it under your introduction section.
- Follow a certain trajectory while sharing your research plan. It must include past, present, and future research scenarios. Keep the primary focus on future research.
- Add the three foremost strategies to demonstrate future research: sequence, novelty, and problem. It should describe the problem, the challenges you have faced, and your approach to solving the concern.
- Ask your advisor or university professors whether to tailor or not to tailor the research statement.
- Pay attention to the visualization of the statement to make it more readable. You need to focus on headings, font size, and spacing to keep everything in the right format.
- Use the time smartly for writing the statement. Take feedback and make necessary changes before submitting it.
A research statement is the reflection of your dedication and efforts that you have done during research. Make it worthy to accomplish your targets. Show your true knowledge and the expertise of your attributes. So, be confident in your skills and share your passion through your statement.