What is Research Methodology?
In order to conduct a good research paper, research methodology plays the most crucial developmental role. Whether it is a thesis paper or dissertation, research methodology has a never-ending contribution. Practically the definition of research methodology signifies the “how” of the entire research paperwork. Therefore it is the systematic design of the whole study in the case of the collected data regarding the sample size and also a methodological approach of data collection. In every academic piece of paper, it is mostly expected that there will be the contribution of the methodological part of the research.
Definition of Research Methodology from Authors-
As per the view of George J. Mouly, Research methodology is the “The systematic and scholarly application of the scientific method interpreted in its broader sense”. Whereas Francis G Cornell suggested that “To be sure the best research is reliable, variable and exhaustive so that it provides information and in which we have confidence”.
Descriptive Analysis of Research Methodology
Along with all the above-mentioned discussion, the research methodology part has the significant contribution in the case of the justification that the selected sample size and approaches for the current research is best fitted and also can have the confirmation that it will aid to get the final and best result for the entire research work as well.
- A methodology that is pretty much good in nature generally provides the sound findings of the research analysis that has been made in the research work, and also, it proves the difference between a flawed methodology and an excellent methodological approach.
- Discussing about the divisional aspect of methodology, it can be added that for the regulation of the methodology, there are several different parts like philosophy, approach, sample size, and collection of data.
Various Components of Research Methodology
There are basically three types of research methodology, including the quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods.
- Quantitative methodology: It represents the statistical analysis of data based on the intention and topic of the research. In contrast, the qualitative method focuses on the quality of the research based on the previous academic journals and research analysis.
- In comparison to both of this methodological approach when a research is going to collect all the data based on both of the methodological approaches in that case it can be said that there is the usage of the mixed methodology that is the quantitative and qualitative approach.
- Qualitative analysis: Detailed analysis of the qualitative data can be added to the additional information that the analysis is based on the quality research from the previous academic journals that is the secondary analysis. Like this type of data collection and analysis is much exploratory in nature.
- Where the researcher ends to find out the intention as well as the perception of the human regarding a place or any particular events as well, in contrast to the qualitative methodology, the quantitative methodology is made to particularly focus on the numerical and statistical analysis of data and information. In that case the methodology is basically based on the confirmatory nature of analyzing data.
- Research Philosophy: Another important part of research methodology is the research philosophy that helps in the primary selection process of collecting data.
- Main three methods of philosophy including positivism, interpretive and also the realistic philosophy that are the three very different processes of selection of the way of collecting data, considering the philosophical approach of a research it can be said that the philosophical approaches of a study places the most significant approach for the entire study.
- Other than this the approach of a study relies on the fact of methods of collecting data and the way to analyzing in such a way so that it can have the contributory approach towards the study and its approach.
Examples of Research Methodology
- Quantitative example is like measuring the variables like 40 or 60 respondents along with testing of hypothesis.
- Qualitative example is the thematic analysis of a study based on all the previous academic journals.
Types of Sampling Process
As mentioned before the sampling process is one of the key aspects of every research methodology. Sampling designing is the method of collecting data and also analyzing the target group from where the researcher is going to collect the sampling and also responses for the respective research work.
- The sampling process is based on two processes like probability sampling and the non-probability sampling process. The probability sampling process refers to the making target on a particular group of people where the researcher can collect data based on the random sampling.
- Probability Sampling: That means every respondent has the chances to participate in the sampling process. Therefore the result from the collected data from a random sample will be totally based on the generalized sampling process. Like all the data that has been collected from the sampling process based on the perspectives of general sampling and designing process as well.
- Non- Probability: On the other hand, the non-probability sampling process is not based on the random sampling process. In that case the researcher has the chance of going through an interview or survey method of collecting data from the target group for the sampling process instead of focusing on a direct random sampling process. Therefore in the case of the non-probability sampling process the result will be no more the generalized smiling result.
Critical ways of data collection and analysis
In the case of a particular research work analysis the researcher needs to have the knowledge regarding the several ways of collecting data. Thus the ways are like the interview methods, survey methods based on Google form or the survey monkey methods and much more. Other Than these, the data can also be collected from the several previous documents and other records, or the observation methods.
Along with that the data analysis methods are like the content analysis, narrative analysis or the ground theory analysis. As this is the path of collecting and analyzing data, in that case the researcher needs to have in-depth knowledge in regards to the collection and analyzing data. The design is intended to analyze the way of conducting the research like it tends to prove that the methodological approach is a way of discussing the process of methodology as well.
Primary data collection: Discussing about the data collection method, it also can be added that there are two significant techniques including the primary data collection and the secondary data collection. The primary data collection method is based on the collection of data from the survey method or any kind of interview technique. This method can be completed from the process like the collection of data based on primary research like the where the interview method can be conducted based on the telephonic round or any kind of email method.
Secondary data Collection: This is the process of collecting data based on the existing academic journals related to the current study topic. This process can be completed through the thematic analysis of data.
Pros and Cons
But here the cons are like here the respondent is not able to share all the valid information required for the completion of the research. Other than this the respondent also does not complete the entire process for the data collection like replying to all the research questions providing all the required data.
Moreover it also can be said that these are the major cons of the primary collection of data. Otherwise the entire process is pretty much helpful in the process of collecting data from the analysis of the primary research as well. In the very same way, the secondary analysis that is the collection of data from previous academic sources of journals and research works also has some pros and cons.
Like for secondary research pros are like here the researcher can quickly get information from previous research. And in that case, the depth of accuracy and gravity will be much clearer in comparison to the primary research. But here are also some cons in the context of collecting data. For secondary data analysis the researcher mostly faces the problem like unavailability of data regarding the existing research topic. Along with that for secondary research, researchers also face the issue regarding plagiarism and accessing the website. Expect all these demerits of both the above mentioned methodological approaches; these are the best methods of collection.
Therefore the sources of the primary data collection are like audio visual representation, pictures or any photographs of events or place, or any kind of telephonic recording or any interview recording. Whereas the sources of secondary data collection methods are like the previous existing academic research journals and resources along with government websites, other than this data regarding any company, or any manual reports like the growth report or the financial report can also be considered as the important resources for the secondary data analysis as well.
|Primary Data Collection||Researcher has the chances of getting appropriate statistical data.||Con is like respondents sometime lagged behind to answer back to the survey questions.|
|Secondary Data Collection||Researcher can quickly get information from previous research. And in that case, the depth of accuracy and gravity will be much clearer in comparison to the primary research.||For secondary data analysis the researcher mostly faces the problem like unavailability of data regarding the existing research topic.|
Research paper help basically helps students to get information and succeed over the completion of the entire research paper. Discussing about the methodological approach of a research work, paper helper assists students to understand the better conduction of the methodology, along with the others part of the research work. Therefore the research paper helps make better assistance for students and also aids in the completion of the research work as well.
Therefore in the very conclusion it can be said that the research methodology is the essential part of a research work. As the research paper help has also an important role in understanding the methodological approach within the stud, instead of this the researcher needs to have the knowledge of the methodology for the successful progression if the existing researcher works as well. In general it can be said that, for the successful completion of a study, research methodology is the important part that helps a researcher to step in the first stage of collecting data.